Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Decor

I finally got our Valentine's decorations out over the weekend. I still have a little tweaking and a few projects on my do to list, but here is what we have so far!

I strung the mini pennant banner over our mantle and added a Be Mine banner I made a few years ago.

 The mercury glass candle sticks I use all year round and the True Love frame I made last year. The letters on the Be Mine banner and the wraps on the red candles are made from vintage raised velvet wall paper. My husband got a huge roll for me a few years ago and I've used it for several Christmas and Valentine's day projects and I still have a ton left.

 You'll also notice the felt fortune cookies in a few different places. My friend Alex and I made these last year from a Martha Stewart tutorial. They were so easy and turned out sooo cute! I will post the tutorial again if I can find it.

Our console table is also decorated. If you notice I still have out the Christmas Scentsy warmer I painted. I guess I had better buy a warmer to keep out year round, the gingerbread men need to be put away = ) The large white Love is also out all the time I just added a few Valentine's candles to go with it.

The berry heart and LOVE letters I picked up from Target on clearance a few years ago. The silver tray was a great Goodwill find for $5. It needed a good polish, but I've seen the exact same one several times for $40+ recently.


Our china cabinet is in the most need of a "tweaking" I put the rest of my Target clearance goodies over here, but will be mixing it up a little more this week! 



As you can tell, I LOVE decorating for every holiday. Do you do the same? Or just the big ones?

2 comments:

  1. its coming along great i used to only the big ones but have now branched out hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decor! I don't think I've decorated at all for Valentine's day! Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete