Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thrifty Ribbon Rack

A while ago I found this little guy at the thrift store for $1.00 and knew he had great potential. Obviously it was for a little boys room, but I'm not sure about the original use?

I gave it a coat of primer, a few coats of gray paint, and added some vinyl wording and ended up with this:

I need to cut down the dowels and paint them either white or gray, but it will be the perfect place to store my ribbon.


BTW, did you know the dollar store sells a great selection of ribbon? I stocked up on all these colors the other day. It always comes in handy for craft projects or wrapping presents! 

6 comments:

  1. Now that's my kind of project! It turned out great!
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! i've been on the hunt for a ribbon organizer! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spent an hour at Goodwill looking for something like that to turn into a ribbon organizer. 'Glad you at least found one! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it held little boys baseball caps? Just an idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I just wanted you to know I am totally addicted to your blog. It makes me want to quit my job and become a full time DIYer!! Oh and the now "ribbon organizer" almost looks like a child's gun rack...but that could just be the redneck in me ;-)

    -Carolyn W.

    ReplyDelete