Monday, November 21, 2011

Founder's Day

Every year Phi Sigma Sigma celebrates Founder's Day by having a luncheon with the other Northern California chapters. This year CSU Sacramento was hosting the event which means the Capitol City Alumni Chapter gets to do all the planning. Somehow I got that job = ) and it's been consuming my life for the past few months.

I'm happy to report that Founder's Day was held yesterday and it was a huge success! We had over 300 attendees and were able to raise over $1200 for the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation which supports the National Kidney Foundation.

Here are my wonderful friends checking everyone in:


I decided to make everyone a fabric flower name tag instead of the usual boring labels when I was planning on only about 150 attendees. It was too late to stop when the final count doubled so as you can imagine I was cutting and gluing for weeks to make 300!




I kept the centerpieces simple and they also served as a door prize for one lucky lady at each table.

The view from the stage, while everyone enjoyed lunch.


On of the most time consuming parts was making all the raffle prizes, but I loved being able to customize everything with our sorority's colors and letters. I also wanted to raise as much money as possible so this was a great way for me to cut costs!




I also asked the girls to bring gently used clothing and household items to donate to WEAVE. WEAVE provides crisis intervention services to women, men and children in Sacramento County who have experienced domestic violence or have been sexually assaulted.

We had enough donations to fill up a truck and a car! It's that easy to make a big difference in someone's life, but it definitely made for a cozy ride home!





It was fun, but I'm so glad it's over~!

No comments:

Post a Comment