Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Menu Chalkboard

I love all the different versions of menu boards I’ve seen around blogland. So when I found this little board at Salvation Army for $0.99 I knew it would be perfect for a little spot in our kitchen.

All it needed was a little sprucing up! I took it apart and primed and painted the frame white and even gave the existing mat a few coats of blue paint.

The existing dry erase board was on a piece of wood so I just sprayed the back side with a few coats of chalkboard paint and added lettering with vinyl cut from my Silhouette machine.

To go with the mat, I cut out a bird from a piece of scrapbook paper and backed it on a square of burlap patterned paper.


Here it is! Now I just need to think of some good things to make for dinner!



Next up in the kitchen? Those cabinets....I'm a little nervous about that DIY project, but I'll post as I go!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! And a super cute way to post things that you need to remember. Great job!

    I would love for you to share this at Show & Share--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO lovely! Will visit again to share your kitchen cabinet painting journey...am trying to scare up the courage to do mine too...


    Deborah (very happily visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com... hope you can drop by when you get a chance...)

    ReplyDelete