Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Spare Room Redo

We bought our house almost 3 years ago and we spent the first few months giving it an overhaul before we moved in. This is what our spare room looked like when we bought it. Needless to say, we spent countless hours peeling wallpaper and getting the walls ready to be retextured.
This terrible picture shows what the room looked like after we had the walls textured, painted, and the original wood floors redone. As you can tell we still had Ikea furniture and hadn't had the blinds installed yet.
Awhile ago, I found these two nightstands at Goodwill for $6.00 each. I loved the detail and thought they would work perfectly in our spare room.
You can tell they were in rough shape, but a little primer and gray paint and now they look like this:


On the other side of the room is the vanity (posted about here) and the chair and table I redid (posted about here). 
Still on my to-do list: a new bedskirt (all the pattern is a little too much for me), a throw pillow, and a padded headboard. What else should I do with the room?

1 comment:

  1. I would like to know how you did the jewelry holder int he background of the picture. Maybe it was on a previous entry and I can't find it??

    ReplyDelete