Wednesday, August 31, 2011

From Christmas Tins to Tiered Fruit Bowl

I’ve seen lots of tiered stands lately and thought I’d create my own. Originally I was looking for old metal pie pans, but when I saw these two beauties ($0.49 each) I figured I’d give it a shot.

I was planning on putting them out on our back patio so I primed and painted them red.


Once they were dry I took a tall wooden candle stick ($0.99) and glued it to both tins.


Here is the finished product:


I put it in my kitchen to test it out and am thinking about leaving it there, so it may be getting another makeover to a color that will go better with the kitchen.

Not bad for a few dollars!

1 comment:

  1. Love It.........At Christmas You Could Fill It With Silver Balls, Pine Cones Or Clementines.
    The Choices Are Endless.

    ReplyDelete